What’s new in Silverlight 4 RC?
I am here in Las Vegas for MIX10 where Scott Guthrie announced today the release of Silverlight 4 RC and the Visual Studio 2010 tools. You can now install VS2010 RC!!!
As always, downloads links are here: www.silverlight.net
He also said that the final version of Silverlight 4 will come next month (so april)!
4 months ago, I wrote a blog post on the new features of Silverlight 4 beta, so… what’s new in the RC ?
· RichTextArea renamed to RichTextBox
· Text position and selection APIs
· “Format then type” support when dragging controls to the designer
· Thai/Vietnamese/Indic support
· UI Automation Text pattern
· Caching support (Client stack)
· Sockets security restrictions removal (Elevated Trust)
· Sockets policy file retrieval via HTTP
· Accept-Language header
Out of Browser (Elevated Trust)
· Silent install and emulation mode
· Custom window chrome
· Better support for COM Automation
· Cancellable shutdown event
· Updated security dialogs
· Pinned full-screen mode on secondary display
· Content & Output protection updates
· Digital Constraint Token
· Graphics card driver validation & revocation
Graphics and Printing
· HW accelerated Perspective Transforms
· Ability to query page size and printable area
· New architecture enables future innovation
· Performance and stability improvements
· Support setting order-dependent properties
Globalization & Localization
· Support for 31 new languages
· Arabic, Hebrew and Thai input on Mac
· Indic support
· Support for Private mode browsing
· Google Chrome support (Windows)
· HTML Hosting accessibility
· Consistency with Silverlight for Mobile APIs and Tooling
That’s a lot!
You will find more details on the following links: