My Silverlight presentation at the PHP Quebec User Group
Yesterday I did a Silverlight presentation at the PHP Quebec User Group in Montreal.
I did a small intro to Silverlight with powerpoint, then instead of listing the features in slides, I showed lots of cool demos online, here are the links I used:
- Interesting Plugin stats – www.riastats.com
- DeepZoom – http://memorabilia.hardrock.com/
- Sophisticated UI – http://www.mscui.net/PatientJourneyDemonstrator/
- Games with Physics – http://www.spritehand.com/
- Animations Easing and Pixel Shaders – http://weblogs.asp.net/lduveau/[…]
- Multi-Touch Puzzle demo – http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/[…]
The excellent “Bouncing Plane” demo:
The amazing “Multi-Touch Puzzle” demo, to show Silverlight 4 latest features:
Then back to the slides I explained the architecture, and what you need to install.
- Web Platform Installer – http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx
- Visual Web Developer Express – www.microsoft.com/express
At the end of the presentation I did a code demo where I built a Silverlight app in a PHP website, that displays a nice Cover Flow control (from Telerik) filled with Flickr images called from a PHP file.
Some interesting links for PHP developers:
- Tutorial: Silverlight & PHP – http://php.miniprojects.org/phpsilverlight/
- Silverlight for PHP Developers article – http://tinyurl.com/SL4PHP
- PHP on Windows webcasts – http://www.msdev.com/Directory/[…]