Off my habitual topics… but this has been bugging me so much, hope someone will find this post useful!
You disabled offline files but never got your GB back ?
No “delete offline files” button anywhere ??
Here is what to do:
- Open Control Panel / Sync Center, click on “Manage Offline files” in the left pane and re-enable Offline files in the Offline Files window, then reboot your system.
- Go back to Sync Center / Manage Offline files, in the Offline Files window, General tab, click on “View your offline files” button.
- In the new window, double click on Computers icon and you will see an icon for the network computer from which you have stored local files.
- Right click on the computer icon and select “Delete Offline Copy” option.
- Wait and… enjoy your “stolen GB” back…
This is lame UX, and sometimes basic tasks can be so hard and painful…